Rescue CD imaging whole drive, not just data

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HagueTech, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HagueTech

HagueTech Registered Member

I am trying to get an image on my new laptop before I start to do anything with it. I have a 40 gig hdd with only 5 or so gigs of data. My images are coming out at 37 gigs, not the 5 that it should be. I have imaged machines before without any problems, but this particular pc won't coopperate. Any ideaso_O

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  2. aspen

aspen Registered Member

what filesystem is used? which os?

do you use some ez-driver, another "hdd-tuning" ore compressing tool which interact with partition handling?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HagueTech,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that in cases of unsupported or corrupted file systems the backup is created in sector-by-sector mode.
    Please note that if you have the supported and not corrupted file system, Acronis True Image does not include fee space of your drive into archive.

Please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site. To get access to updates you should first register Acronis software.
    Please recreate Acronis Bootable Media after installing the latest build.

If the problem persists with the latest build, create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the Acronis Report and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.