Rescue CD For #3567

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Chutsman, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Does the rescue CD for #3567 still default to Normal Windows and with a 15 second timeout?

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I'll try it now and report back in a few ...

3. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

In my test, the Safe version was selected and there was no time out - it just sat there.

4. Chutsman

Hallelujah ... they saw the light! :D Thanks Weaz. On that improvement alone, I might just upgrade.;) But I will let you guys do a few more weeks of beta testing first. :D

5. PhilipManwaring

PhilipManwaring Registered Member

Chutsman, I must say that I am very happy with build 3567. The incremental backup process appears to have been significantly improved and the whole thing just works more smoothly for me. I also just upgraded to a new drive for games and applications and the clone process worked quickly and flawlessly.

6. Chutsman

Philip, did you do the Clone with the destination drive in the computer or connected via a usb enclosure. I have always found the Clone feature to be weak when it comes to cloning to an external drive. But since I have the resources to do Image Backups, which always work for me, I never use the Clone feature except to test it out now and then to see if it "magically" fixed itself. Plus I have found another program that clones flawlessly all the time, everytime.:) :)

7. PhilipManwaring

Chutsman, I did clone to an internal drive. I too have excellent cloning software that works perfectly to and from external drives. The main benefits to me with ATI are regular incremental backups and the recovery CD (my other cloning software requires Windows to be installed and my system won't boot from an external USB disk).

8. Chutsman

Thank you Philip. When you clone with the Rescue CD, do the progress bars show now? In the previous 3 builds (or was it previous 4) there were no visible bars so it was not possible to tell how the cloning was coming along.

9. PhilipManwaring

Sorry, but I did my test clone from within Windows, so I'm not sure what happens in the rescue environment. I do know that the interface on the rescue CD has been updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.