Rescue CD boot error: "SCSI0 someone reset channel A"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by snelephant, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snelephant

snelephant Guest

I am unable to boot from the Trueimage 8 1124 rescue CD. I have tried the noapic workaround without success. If I remove the "quiet" from the Linux kernel line the following error text is repeated in an unending loop:

SCSI0 someone reset channel A
    SCSI0 someone reset channel A
    SCSI0 someone reset channel A...

My controllers consist of:

- Adaptec 2000s Ultra160 contoller (my hard disk array, one logical drive in two partitions)
    - Adaptec AHA-2940UW PCI SCSI controller ( DVD Rom)

Any suggestions? I really need to get this rescue CD up and running.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello snelephant,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Enterprise Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the 'Save' option in the 'File' menu (or 'Action' menu under Windows 2000), enter the 'File name' and set the field 'Save as type' to 'System Information File (*.NFO)';
    - Send the result file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that it should be given to Marian Fadeeva.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Snelephant

Snelephant Guest

I am still wrestling with this boot error. Does anybody have any suggestions?

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Did you try thiso_O

5. Acronis Support

Hello Snelephant,

Please send the letter to support@acronis.com. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly and to find a solution for the problem sooner.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. smelephant

smelephant Guest

I sent the message, my system.nfo, screen caps of the boot text, and a description of the problem to Acronis support and they said they would look into it.

I realize the technical support crew are probably very busy and making every effort to respond in a timely manner, but I have not heard back in several days despite additional inquires. In the meantime I thought it might be prudent to keep the request for suggestions open in this forum.

7. Acronis Support

Hello smelephant,

Could you please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.