Rescue CD Auto Starts During Restore - XP Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by danjudge, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danjudge

danjudge Registered Member

I did a complete TI.8 Create Image backup of a two partition Laptop to a USB drive. I then used Partition Commander to reallocate partition space from drive D to drive C on the laptop. I then defragged the C Drive.

And after running a graphics program the system hung I did a Power off shutdown and now I get a boot error.

I tried to run TI from my rescue CD to do a Restore Image to my previous backup to restore the laptop to that original Image. TI.8 shuts down and autostarts as soon as it finishes checking the drive partitions in the wizard.

I suspect it is because the system partition sizes are now different or something?

Does anyone know of a way to Restore the original Image and their partitions from my TI backup?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dan,

Could you please do the following?

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk along with the description of the problem to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

3. danjudge

danjudge Registered Member

Well folks.

After many emails to Acronis support I ended up doing an XP repair and was at then able to run the Acronis software.

However, when I tried to backup the Image I got a corupted Image error.

I was one of those unsuspecting first time users that assumed the backup was indeed clean and did not check it.

My advice to all users of this software, do not trust it but check all backups.

I have read in this forum how many users have had to try all sorts of solutions just to get a clean uncorupted image.

This is a fundamental flaw in the software that should have been fixed by Acronis.

I will never use this software again.

My reccommendation to anyone reading this post, GET GHOST 9.

Dan Judge

4. Acronis Support

Hello Dan,

We are very sorry for the incviniences.

Our Development Team is working on the problem with the corrupted images and it would be very useful if everyone who encounters this problem sends the description of it to support@acronis.com. It will help us to fix the problem sooner.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

5. Ed Y

Ed Y Registered Member

Please see my other post "Check Image problems". It would also be very helpful if the "Check Image" task provided some info somewhere about exactly why the image was corrupt.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Ed Y,

Thank you for the participation. All the information here is very important for us and your post will not remain unnoticed.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

7. Zintar

Zintar Guest

Excellent recommendation for ANY backup system. Make sure the disaster recovery works before you need it too.

Fine, but don't forget the recommendation above because I've had corrupt Ghost images on some machines too. Use whatever works in your environment, but make sure you know it works before a disaster occurs.

8. como

como Registered Member

Ilya
    What description do you mean ? we only get a message that the image is corrupted no further imformation is given

9. mareke

mareke Registered Member

'My reccommendation to anyone reading this post, GET GHOST 9'

Ghost 9 is not guaranteed to work either. When I had trouble getting Acronis to work I tried Ghost and it could not make an image let alone restore it. The computer would freeze when it was supposed to make the image.

When I got Acronis to work it turned out to be brilliant and I have restored C drive several times with the whole process taking probably no more than 5 or 6 minutes. When it works the program is brilliant and I say this after being very frustrated and angry when I could not get it to work and then found out what I was doing wrong. I can however understand the frustration of those who can't get it to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.