Rescue Boot from USB Pen drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bgcm12, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgcm12

bgcm12 Guest

How can I make my USB pen drive the bootable media for True Image?

I have formatted the USB Pen drive and made it bootable, then added the RECOVERY MANAGER folder on the pen. From here I can load the bootscreen but that is all - none of the functions work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, bgcm12

You have to plug in your pen drive, then tell Ti to make a Bootable Disk, if recognized the pen drive will be treated as a floppy disks, when Ti make it [the pen] Bootable.

Then make sure your BIOS is set to boot from the USB Pen drive as first boot device.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. bgcm12

bgcm12 Guest

Thank you.

The theory worked great - it copied the files over to the pendrive. However, when it attempted to boot from the drive, i got the message "NON SYSTEM DISC, PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE..."

I then made the 7 floppy disc to try to boot from floppy, but received the same message?

Any ideas - is my Acronis Media making app corrupt?

Thanks again

4. Savtenet

Savtenet Registered Member

bumping this in hopes it will get a response since I'm interested in using a pen drive also

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The latest build of Acronis True Image does support USB pen drive as Acronis Bootable Media providing your computer can be booted with this device. In order to create Acronis Bootable Media on it please plug the drive in, launch Acronis True Image and start the "Create Acronis Rescue Media" tool. After that please choose the pen drive and proceed with creation. If you encounter any problems either with Acronis Bootable Media creation or with booting the computer with it please send a letter with the detailed description of the problem to support@acronis.com. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello bgcm12,

Did you format the pendrive as FAT32 rather than FAT? If so, format it again as FAT and create the boot rescue media to it. In addition, even though TI thinks its created the floppy version of the boot media, I found that I needed to set the first boot device in my BIOS to "USB HD" otherwise it wouldn't boot.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.