Rescan quarrantine after updating... and?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Quitch, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quitch

Quitch Registered Member

Neither the program nor Help specifies what happens to files in quarantine which are rescanned after a definition update. If a file can be cleaned or is found to be a false positive, what does the program do?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Nothing happens. If you're positive that there's an FP that's been remedied, restore it from quarantine and rescan it.

3. CivilTaz

CivilTaz Registered Member

If nothing happens, then files in quarantine shouldn't be scanned after an update, u should remove that option.

4. Quitch

Quitch Registered Member

Then what's the point of that option? What's the point of the rescan? It would be very handy if the program did something along the lines of rescanning then if it gets three positives or three clears in a row then it pops up and offers to delete/restore the file (as appropriate), along with a new option in Advanced Options to make this an automatic delete/restore.

5. Quitch

Quitch Registered Member

Well now I'm just plain confused. Do restores only happen if the virus is still confirmed but now cleaned, while a now clean file is ignored?

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Yeah I noticed this a while back, I was hoping it would be added in v4 but, haven't tried that yet.

7. Quitch

Quitch Registered Member

This clears it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.