Requesting Information about SB and SG

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Kiara777, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiara777

Kiara777 Registered Member

I have Verizon DSL as my ISP.I am planning to download the Verizon Internet Security Suite which is an inclusive package for anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, pop-up blocker, and parental controls. Verizon suggests that prior to downloading the package, the user should delete all security programs including firewalls, anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. Currently I have NAV, Norton firewall, Giant Anti-spy, and Ad-aware SE on my system which can be deleted. I also have SB and SG. Does anyone have experience with this program and its relationship to SB and SG? Will SB and SG interfere with the Anti-Spy phase of the program? Do I really have to delete SB and SG for this program to work?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If I was you I would keep the giant AS, adaware and spywareblaster and spywareguard. These programs should run with almost all other security apps. I would just remove your AV and firewall and keep the rest. I run several antispyware progs with no problems.

bigc

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I agree with Bigc. I would not even bother to use the Verizon software. I have seen in person how it can bog down a system (altho I don't know what your setup is).

Keep what you have in place, it's a pretty good setup overall.

Jag

4. Kiara777

Kiara777 Registered Member

Thanks to bigc93542 and Jaguar for their opinions concerning my question about uninstalling all my security programs including SB and SG so that I can download the Verizon Internet Security Suite package which includes a firewall, anti-virus program, anti-spyware program, pop-up blocker and parental controls. I will take their opinions very seriously even though Verizon suggests that all these security programs may interfere with the running of their program. It is interesting in that most of the knowlegable opinions suggest that one should not have more than one anti-virus program installed but it is alright to have multi anti-spyware programs. Thanks again. I would appreciate any additional opinions from knowledgeable users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.