Requesting Help with Recovery CD Error Message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KCDoug, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCDoug

KCDoug Registered Member

Requesting Help with Rescue CD Error Message

Running v.8 and just updated to build 774. Successfully tested/booted from my TI rescue CD created with build 768.

Since creating the build 768 CD, I've had to zero my RAID. Then I did a clean install of Win XP home, updated my BIOS, updated my Intel RAID driver, and updated the drivers for the mobo chipset, audio and video cards, and I installed Win SP2 from CD w/o a hitch. (All of this over the last couple of weeks.) A few nights ago I reinstalled TI8 using the build 768 I had on hand, but I did not test the rescue CD until tonight after I updated to build 774 - and as I said in my opening line, that old build 768 rescue CD appeared to work fine.

But to be safe, I created a new rescue CD from the updated build 774 because I don't know if it makes any difference whether or not the rescue CD is created from a previous build. (Does anybody know?) I was able to access TI with the new CD, but during the boot process the following error message appeared:

ehci_hcd00:1d.7: BIOS handoff failed (104,1010001)

I tried the new rescue CD again, and it appeared to work but it still displayed the same error message. I couldn't find anything about this message on the Acronis support page nor from searching this forum. Any clarification and solution will be appreciated.

-Doug

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  2. OBnascar

OBnascar Registered Member

3. KCDoug

KCDoug Registered Member

OBnascar:

Thanks for the link - I forgot to try a google search myself. Still, doing so I found links that I don't understand. They speak of Linux (which I don't have on my system but know that ATI uses). One or two of the links I tried to read made mention of Intel 875 on Asus mobos. I do have the 875 chipset, but on an Intel mobo with integrated Intel raid controller. And, as I pointed out in my initial post, I did recently update the BIOs, and the driver for the mobo and raid controller.

But what I've read on the google search for the error code is something I don't comprehend. Here's a couple of the clearest links resulting from my search of the error code - can anybody decipher and help me figure out what to do nexto_O

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2004-433.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-usb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg27543.html

http://www.spinics.net/lists/usb/msg01394.html

Thanks!
    -Doug

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Re: Requesting Help with Rescue CD Error Message

Hello Doug

I strongly recommend you burn a new rescue disk each time you update TI to a newer build. That way it'll always contain the latest Linux device drivers and program bug fixes (use a CD RW if you don't want to waste CD-Rs). Just keep a copy of the old one until you're satisfied everything's working o.k.

Regards

6. KCDoug

KCDoug Registered Member

Re: Requesting Help with Rescue CD Error Message

Thanks, sir. I have found a number of your posts on this forum to be helpful.

As requested by Andrew, I forwarded my question to Acronis support and provided info. via their reporting tool. I also emailed my computer manufacturer to see if they have any experience with this kind of message about the BIOs. And finally, I visited the Intel website and did a search for this error message, but found nothing.

-Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.