Requesting Help with Recovery CD Error Message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KCDoug, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCDoug

KCDoug Registered Member

Requesting Help with Rescue CD Error Message

Running v.8 and just updated to build 774. Successfully tested/booted from my TI rescue CD created with build 768.

Since creating the build 768 CD, I've had to zero my RAID. Then I did a clean install of Win XP home, updated my BIOS, updated my Intel RAID driver, and updated the drivers for the mobo chipset, audio and video cards, and I installed Win SP2 from CD w/o a hitch. (All of this over the last couple of weeks.) A few nights ago I reinstalled TI8 using the build 768 I had on hand, but I did not test the rescue CD until tonight after I updated to build 774 - and as I said in my opening line, that old build 768 rescue CD appeared to work fine.

But to be safe, I created a new rescue CD from the updated build 774 because I don't know if it makes any difference whether or not the rescue CD is created from a previous build. (Does anybody know?) I was able to access TI with the new CD, but during the boot process the following error message appeared:

ehci_hcd00:1d.7: BIOS handoff failed (104,1010001)

I tried the new rescue CD again, and it appeared to work but it still displayed the same error message. I couldn't find anything about this message on the Acronis support page nor from searching this forum. Any clarification and solution will be appreciated.

-Doug

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  2. OBnascar

OBnascar Registered Member

3. KCDoug

KCDoug Registered Member

OBnascar:

Thanks for the link - I forgot to try a google search myself. Still, doing so I found links that I don't understand. They speak of Linux (which I don't have on my system but know that ATI uses). One or two of the links I tried to read made mention of Intel 875 on Asus mobos. I do have the 875 chipset, but on an Intel mobo with integrated Intel raid controller. And, as I pointed out in my initial post, I did recently update the BIOs, and the driver for the mobo and raid controller.

But what I've read on the google search for the error code is something I don't comprehend. Here's a couple of the clearest links resulting from my search of the error code - can anybody decipher and help me figure out what to do nexto_O

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2004-433.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-usb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg27543.html

http://www.spinics.net/lists/usb/msg01394.html

Thanks!
    -Doug

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Re: Requesting Help with Rescue CD Error Message

Hello Doug

I strongly recommend you burn a new rescue disk each time you update TI to a newer build. That way it'll always contain the latest Linux device drivers and program bug fixes (use a CD RW if you don't want to waste CD-Rs). Just keep a copy of the old one until you're satisfied everything's working o.k.

Regards

6. KCDoug

KCDoug Registered Member

Re: Requesting Help with Rescue CD Error Message

Thanks, sir. I have found a number of your posts on this forum to be helpful.

As requested by Andrew, I forwarded my question to Acronis support and provided info. via their reporting tool. I also emailed my computer manufacturer to see if they have any experience with this kind of message about the BIOs. And finally, I visited the Intel website and did a search for this error message, but found nothing.

-Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.