"Request Techincal Support" link on GUI does not work properly

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by OldRebel, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

When I click on the link on my AVG AS premium GUI for technical support, I get a general FAQ page for AVG support.
    http://www.grisoft.com/doc/51/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

However, the AVG FAQS state that it should be opening an email window to send a request by email:
    Quote -

AVG Anti-Spyware

Run AVG Anti-Spyware.
    From the top menu select Status.
    On the bottom right select Request Technical Support.
    Write your message/describe your problem into the newly opened web browser window.
    Click Submit to confirm.
    We highly recommend using this method for contacting Technical Support. It will save you time and it will give our Technical Support staff information they need to help you quickly and effectively.

End Quote

Is this some kind of bug in AVG AS 7.5o_O

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

OK! Thanks. I must have had somekind of glitch, maybe because I clicked the support link when I was using the AOL browser, but IE is my default browser. I tried again with only IE open and got the same support page you did, with that link at the bottom to submit a support request.

It would be easier if it just opened an email to support - I think it used to - but apparently Grisoft wants to make sure nobody gets premium support without a license. PITA, but understandable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.