Request info on Paragon Backup & Recovery

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Nikilet, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikilet

Nikilet Registered Member

Vista Home Premium SP 2 -- 32 bit

I have been using Acronis for several years. Every time I do a backup, whether it be full or incremental, I have run the validation process. I purchased a 320 GB Iomega external hard drive and thought I was all set in case of disaster.

I had a disaster and couldn't use Acronis. I put the Acronis boot CD that I had made in and it opened fine, but I COULD NOT control my mouse so that I could select the Recovery option and in the end, I have a Dell PC with the "Factory Image Recovery" option which I had to use.

I am not alone in this mouse problem I had. Something to do with Linux kernel/drivers, etc. I don't understand it so can't explain it. Seems strange the company wouldn't have alerted new users to this possible problem.

Anyway, I'm looking for something else. I'm a novice and would like to get a little info on Paragon.

Is it correct that I can make a complete backup (clone) of my entire system and everything on it with Paragon -- just as with Acronis?

From what I read, I assume I have to make a bootable media for Paragon but use a USB flash drive instead of a CD. Is that correct?

If there are any little wrinkles like there were with Acronis, I would appreciate it if someone would advise. Had I kown about this mouse situation with Acronis I would have found a fix BEFORE I needed to use the recovery option, not after the fact when it was too late.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Linux-based Paragon Recovery CD also has such issues with mouse & keyboard detection.

But Paragon provides WinPE based CD, which works perfectly with any mouse\keyboards. WinPE Cd is available almost for all non-free products.

Please refer to 'Compare editions' or 'Comparison' link for desired Paragon product and search for "Advanced Recovery Environment (WinPE *.* based)".
    If it is listed for the product you would like to have, there will be no issues with booting from CD for restore.

3. routerguy99

routerguy99 Registered Member

I too switched from acronis , I ended up with Paragon 10 home, WInpe works great, able to restore and backup (Dell Laptop)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.