Reporting

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by shitu, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shitu

shitu Registered Member

Greetings.
    After trying to find a place to report viruses, thought maybe I can get help here.
    I just found a virus that ESET Smart Security can't get it.
    It's about one week now that I found this virus. This virus is in many Torrents and they upload more Torrents with this virus every day.
    Extension of this virus is SCR (Windows screensaver).
    This virus appears as a folder and when you double click on file, your computer gets infect. There is two size for this virus 112 and 108KB(I say two because I just seen two, and I'm not sure if there is any other size(s) for this virus).
    I uploaded this virus in virus total but none of 41 anti viruses got it.
    However when I clicked on virus, ESET said ****** (IP) blocked and 3 files cleaned and got quarantine, but when I opened Task Manager(Task Manager was minimize and not sure if I didn't had it minimize, I still was able to open Task Manager or not), I saw two fake processes but I remember one of them because it was famous, LOL. It was c.exe (I Googled and seen it's a process from an fake anti virus). After killing two fake processes, I opened msconfig (System Configuration) and I looked at start up items and seen c.exe is is there plus another fake program. I removed both files, and opened Task Manager again and seen c.exe is in processes list again...I killed c.exe again and deleted file from system32...restarted and c.exe wasn't there anymore. Now I want to know how can I report this virus. Hopes someone helps.
    Sorry for long story!
    Cheers,
    M.A.P.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello

This will explain the process.

BFG

3. shitu

shitu Registered Member

Thanks.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.