Reporting malicious website to add to Spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by friendly_jacek, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friendly_jacek

friendly_jacek Registered Member

I'm new here, so not sure if this is the correct way of doing it, but I had a huge problem with with browser highjack to a rogue website: click.livesearchnow.com.

That website installed multiple trojans on my PC despite having current AV and current Spywareblaster installed.

I thought Spywereblaster should prevent from being redirected to such malicious websites. Both firefox and IE connected to the rogue website without interruptions by themselves.

It took me a long time to clean the infection, as multiple antimalware products could not detect the infection.

Could Spywareblaster be updated to block this specific hijack or that specific website?

Thanks!

2. ROCKNROLLKID

ROCKNROLLKID Registered Member

Actually, I too have a number of infected sites that I could send to you guys and you can add it to the blacklisting. You guys should set up some sort of topic where we can submit bad URLs so you can add them to blacklisting or maybe provide some email for us to send to.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

The problem is that a website that is now malicious may not be so 1 minute after, and simply because it's only a legitimate website that got hijacked, or we're dealing with malicious websites that won't last more than a few minutes.

4. friendly_jacek

OK, let me respond to this.

In the last week, I'm getting highjacks/redirects to these websites:
    click.searchwebresults.com
    click.livesearchnow.com

if you google for those, you will find out these highjacks have been happening for a long time and are difficult to fix. I'm still battling the issue as of now.

The infection is serious, my passwords were stolen and used to create tweets on my behalf that lead to some other malicious websites.

I'm frustrated that the combination of up to date browser/antivirus/spybot/spywereblaster can do nothing about it.

Looks like I'll have to reformat the drive to fix it.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

6. friendly_jacek

I know you posted this in good faith, but it was actually insulting. I spend nearly a week dealing with the infection and fallowed a lengthy cleaning process suggested by bleepingcomputer.com including Combofix, Roguekiller, Adwcleaner, Securitycheck, and TDSSkiller.

Prior to that I did scans with: AVG, Spybot S&D, Kasperski AV, Malwerebytes antimalware, and Bitdefender AV.

Nothing was detected.

Do you have anything else to add to that?

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

And yet according to you there is a redirect. There is a reason why those sites exist and why they are expert malware fighting sites. You prefer to format, go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.