Report accuses BT of backdooring domestic routers

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by MikeRogers, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeRogers

MikeRogers Registered Member

If true, this is pretty shocking stuff, even by the standards of what we've already learned.

I have read the report and it goes into some detail, but I'm not in a position to verify the allegations.

-http://m.csoonline.com/article/744697/report-accuses-bt-of-supplying-backdoors-for-gchq-and-nsa?page=1-

Edited: URL was pointing to page 3 of the article. Now points to page 1.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Thanx for posting :thumb:

So now we know @ least one of the reasons BS & BT recenetly parted company !

I expect it's most likely that it's not just BT in the UK either. If they have already being compromising peoples routers for some time, as it appears, then why would GCHQ etc ignore ALL the ISP's who provide similar gear ? I guess they must be ALL suspect = Don't use them.

DL the PDF, it's good stuff ;)

3. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Very nice read. I sure wish there was a way to accurately examine the hardware on my ISP provided network gear. In theory all payloads leaving my laptop are encrypted, but you still have to sign on to VPN's. After reading this article I am going to examine the "handshake" with my VPN and see if it leaves my lappy encrypted or otherwise. Further; the TOR stuff in the article leaves a "mark" on my thinking about security there too.

4. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

i really dont think this has any implications for the vpn users that setup vpns over theyre host pcs , compared to the users that setup theyre vpns on theyre routers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.