reply to E mails that I never sent

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by little eagle, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little eagle

little eagle Registered Member

:eek:Just got a e-mail that was a reply to a email I never sent.It from somebody that I know is on a email list of somebody that I do know.the thing is that it had SMTP then my e-mail add...I know that it didnt come from me or some worm on my computer sence I don't even know the e-mail address fo the person that it came from..... o_Oguess the question is there some kind of worm that can take an address book and mail from one add to another o_O??

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well, I do know there's plenty of worms/virii that use the address book of the infected machine to send either original email sor create a fake "reply" to the addresses in that address book. More likely than not, someone who has you in their address book is infected with something or another.

3. little eagle

:mad:thats what I thought how would you go about removing the worm/virii , I belive it's on may Dad's computer. the subject matter in the e-mail is
    http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Rage2.gif

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well, if you do not have an antivirus on that PC, or one that isn't finding anything, then you could try TrendMicro's free housecall scan. It won't clean anything but should let you know if you've got something and if so, what it is.

5. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Panda will clean and repair: http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan/#e3

6. little eagle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.