Reply layout does not work on Win 8 sometimes.

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Osaban, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Sometimes on Win 8 , I cannot reply to any posts as the normal space to do so doesn't exist (checking the attached images will clarify what I mean. One image is what it should be and the other is the problematic one). I wonder whether others have experienced such a problem and if there is a remedy to it. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Is this using a specific browser Osaban or all browsers, and does it stay the same if you refresh the page?

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Actually stapp your question is very pertinent as it seems to happen only with Chrome (version 39.0.2171.99) on my Win 8 machine. I'm replying to you using Internet Explorer at the moment. Furthermore I checked my machine with Vista and it's fine with Chrome and another one with XP is also fine.

What I might try is to uninstall and re install Chrome... Thanks

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome didn't help, but it's now working properly and I suspect it might have something to do with the logging in protocol... Time will tell.

5. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

6. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Do you use any extension? If so, does disabling it help?

7. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It happens sporadically, I have only 3 extensions µBlock, Dictionary.com, and Secure Downloader which are the same in 2 other machines where it never happens. Yesterday it happened and rebooting made it go back to normal, now I don't know whether it was a coincidence. I'm trying to figure out what causes it...

8. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

You can try to disable ublock for Wilders site. I know that it doesn't block anything on this site, but I would still give it a try.