Replacement Keycode Has Been Issued

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by PC_Fiddler, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC_Fiddler

PC_Fiddler Registered Member

I'm trying to cleanup a laptop for a relative, it's badly infected & Mbam has found over 1600 threats for example - I have a 3 user SecureAnywhere I bought last year in my cupboard & have attempted to activate it. It does seem that the junk on it was attempting to prevent anything from, running & I entered the key-code then some malware put a screen full of junk up & I probably missed the new code?

I now get the message 'Replacement Keycode Has Been Issued Error' - The PC did have an expired SecureAnywhere on but now has a new owner (his sister) so I have no idea what his Webroot account was etc - How can I find out what the new code is as SecureAnywhere will not remove any threats until it's activated?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The replacement keycode will work without needing a different activation - you can see it under My Account within the UI. Replacement keys might be issued automatically on-install if the previous key was an older ~2010-2011 keycode.

3. PC_Fiddler

The problem is that it was an old 3 user 2011 version I had but unused & a new key-code was issued & it activated OK but then the PC crashed (blue screened) big time during the initial SecureAnywhere scan & when I eventually got it to boot after restoring the old registry etc & much faffing about only the old key-code shows in the console which has expired so I have no idea what the new key is as I never actually got to see it.

Attempting to install the original key now shows it's invalid as it's been updated - Is there any way I can find out what the new key is? As in from the original key.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  4. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

5. PC_Fiddler

Thanks for that Dermot7 I'll do that :argh:

6. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

1: Try to register the old key in the web console. It should work and then viewing the keycodes will show the new one.
    2: There may be a file on the desktop that contains the new keycode.
    3: If all else fails, support will find it for you.

7. PC_Fiddler

A console was never made as she was a new user & WSA only ran for a few seconds before it was terminated & there was no time to notice what the key was - I've contacted support to see if the new key can be obtained - It was the last of my older WSA's I had so the problem wont re-occur again anyway - :D

8. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Chances are that support has already assisted you by now. That being said:

1:
    https://my.webrootanywhere.com/registration.aspx

That is where you put your OLD key that you state you have. You don't need the program or the new key for this process.

2:
    The moment it changes the key, WSA places a file on the desktop called ... (drumroll please):
    New Webroot Keycode.txt

It contains:
    This new key must be used on all future installations of Webroot software:

<New Key>

Thank you for upgrading!

<Old Key>

Now other people have the power to help themselves sooner without having to wait a short time for a support response.

9. PC_Fiddler

@Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms Fox - Thank you for your most helpful post - I was able to create an account with the original key & then retrieve the new one from within the console - Just afterward I also got a reply from support too - :D You live & learn!

10. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I wonder, how did it go cleaning up the malware?

11. PC_Fiddler

It cleaned up well including a couple of root-kits after a couple of re-boots, the PC was owned by a 16 year old lad which probably explains why it was so messed up, & it's working perfectly now - I actually used one of my spare keys until I got a reply from support/on here - I'm very impressed with the latest version & personally consider it to be the best! :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.