replacement for ATI

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Huupi, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Hi everybody I'm trialing IFW,not that easy,Phylock waits forever,suppose can not lock,after several tries there is some moving,but running soooo slow,9 gig took 1,5 hr incl. validate,also made bootdisk from within IFW but at the end it can't find my external usb2 maxtor harddrive.
    at imaging in windows i always disable all security stuff.I Supposed it would be a good replacement for ATI on my main computer cause Ati did't work out( issues with ...and Yes already with Linux bootdisk,no included drivers for Maxtor,mouse not working etc.)I heard about Bart PE as a all in one solution,but after some perusing after that its all over my head,maybe there is something i miss in base understanding of imaging.I admit the small package and easy install of IFW i like that but it dont work for me yet.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Your problem doesn't belong in this forum. :)

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

On my system ( two laptops XP Home and Pro) terabyte worked without any problems( IFW, IFD, BING all worked-- only I was not able to boot IFL on any of these laptops!!!)
    I use HDS Clone/ EAZ Clone successfully on both laptops. Also tried DriveImageXML sucessfully on one of them. Both these software are totally free.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

It's about a general software schjtick, so why not?:p

As for IFW, I use it once in a while, but first I shut down my running applications so Phylock doesn't have to bust its cojones. But the BETTER way (IMO) is to use Image For DOS (IFD). Clean. Fast. Stable. Good for your computer's prostate

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

The original thread was placed in the Leapfrog forum and moved by the mods to this forum. :)

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Just moved now. It was in FDISR forum.

7. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

O I C. I shoulda known Erik would be atop el pelota.:-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.