Renewing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ForzaItalia, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForzaItalia

ForzaItalia Registered Member

How long does it take, after you purchased a new license, installed, before it's recognized. I renewed 11/10/10, my exp date was the 11th and still shows that it's going to exp on the 11th.

thanks

FI

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

who did you renew with?

Once the license is updated, it generally takes only about 12 hours.

If your expiration is not for a while, perhaps the reseller held the renewal until closer the expiration date?

3. ForzaItalia

ForzaItalia Registered Member

I renewed through an email sent by ESET.

Thanks

4. webyourbusiness

ESET policy is generally to extend the license - so your ESET antivirus icon in your system tray should go from orange to green when the update has been applied.

You can either wait for an ESET tech to pickup this thread, open a support ticket (using the form inside the ESET antivirus program, or the ESET website) - those are the too methods of reaching out to ESET I would recommend.

5. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi webyourbusiness,

While at one hand I do not want to interfer in this thread, may I at the other hand nevertheless ask what you mean exactly?
    What means "extend" here?
    And, whatever it means, does that go for ALL ESET resellers?
    When exactly starts and ends your renewed licence?
    And is this the same for all resellers?

I have asked this question before but didn't get a clear answer.

Example:
    Your existing licence ends on 13 Feb 2010.
    You buy a new licence for one year on 10 Feb 2010.
    Does your new licence start on 10 Feb 2010 (and end on 10 Feb 2011) or does your new licence start on 13 Feb 2010 (and end on 13 Feb 2011)?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  6. c2d

c2d Registered Member

No
    Yes

Hi FanJ
    Based on my experience in the past 3 years with NOD32.
    If you purchase before it expires you don't lose lose any time on your current licence.
    The license will renew from the date that your current one expires.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  7. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

If, in the unlikely event you were to be shorted any amount of time when renewing, the Sales Department would extend the license to the correct date once notified of the error.

BFG

8. webyourbusiness

The ESET order system has all the dates - for all licenses we handle, ESET handles, and other reseller handles - if we're within the 60 day window allowed for renewal, the system has the dates.

So even if someone bought directly from ESET, and then renewed from a reseller, it will not get shorted any time if a renewal product is purchased.

Likewise if a customer moved from one reseller to another, or (god-forbid) - from a reseller directly back to ESET - when the *correct license number and password* are provided to ESET at renewal time, the licenses generally come back with the extended date... ie, if you renew on the 10th, but expire on the 13th, regardless of who you buy it from, the new date will be 1 or 2 years (depending on the renewal license) - from the 13th - you should NOT lose time.

The key to this is having the correct username/password though - it can really delay things if you don't have those - so we recommend you keep that email safe, and print it out just in case your whole HD goes bang and you don't have a backup.

If you upgrade from EAV to ESS, that has to be done manually - and dates are manually applied.

9. webyourbusiness

One thing I will add - customer who purchase AFTER their renewal we have the option to either extend the license out (from purchase date) - or - to issue a brand new license.

This is important to know - the ESET expiration dates database can take up to 12 hours for this information to propagate across all update servers - this means that customers who renew their license LATE may see a 12 hour window of time when the license shows expired still, but it is actually renewed.

For this reason - if someone chooses to renew with use AFTER their license has expired, or even on the same day as their expiration - we will generally request a new license number, because that *NEW* license number will show the correct expiration date immediately.

We advise customers to renew 72-48 hours prior to expiration - that way we can extend their current license number and password - they don't have to worry about copy/pasting the license into the software (which is a leading cause of problems and support issues) - and by the time their license "expires", all the update servers have picked up the new, extended license period which they purchased with their renewal.

We also recommend customer buy 2 year licenses, and 2 year renewals - not only is it less maintenance work for them - it is the best value for money.

Even at the worst possible scenario of 1-user - using US pricing:

Buying a 2 year license at $58.99 and a 2 year renewal at $49.99 gives a cost per month of $0.149 per day - while single year of license initially at $39.99 and then 3x $27.99 gives a cost per day of $0.169 - it might not sound a lot per day, but over the 4 years of protection it is $14.98 more expensive or 13.75% more expensive to buy the shorter licenses!

I hope this helps... ;)

10. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks webyourbusiness, BFG, c2d for your answers. Much appreciated !!!

Yes, that has been my experience for many years as NOD32 user too.
    But.... :
    "NOD32 Nederland" (Nederland means The Netherlands), also going by the name "Spicylemon", told me in an email dated 11 Feb 2010 quite the opposite.
    There cannot be any confusion about these Dutch words which they sent me:
    "Einddatum is nu inderdaad de dag van verlenging geworden".

The example with the dates I gave above, was a real experience by me.

Two threads:
    First thread (started by me)
    Renewing licence: problems Dutch reseller Spicylemon
    Second thread (started by Triple Helix, and in which I posted))
    Expiry Question & Renewal Pain

The first thread describes a problem with renewing my licence at "NOD32 Nederland"; somehow a problem with my username and password.
    It was NOT my fault.
    It was fixed.
    Then I discovered that my new licence was to be ended on 10 Feb 2011 and not on 13 Feb 2011.
    That was also fixed after another email by me to "NOD32 Nederland".
    And it was the reply-email from "NOD32 Nederland" in which I was told in Dutch:
    "Einddatum is nu inderdaad de dag van verlenging geworden".
    Once again, there cannot be any confusion about what those Dutch words mean.
    And I did describe that in the second thread (started by Triple Helix).

It is one of the following:
    That person from "NOD32 Nederland" aka Spicylemon has no clue about what he/she is talking.
    "NOD32 Nederland" aka Spicylemon is not following the rules from ESET.
    o_O

11. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

@FanJ

Apparently they correct this only if the costumer sends them a mail.

http://helpdesk.nod32.nl/kb_article.php?ref=5479-ROSX-4854

:D bad google translation.

Dear NOD32 user

Thank you once again using our product! We are glad you are happy with NOD32.

You indicate that the renewal of your license has already been addressed, while your old license has not expired. If you order through our website, is currently the license. To inform clients is therefore to be top of the order the following message: "WARNING: The license begins on the date when your license order. This date can not be changed after you buy ".

However, because we do not want to do short, please number the AV-mailing your old license and the date and the AV of your new license number and the date. We will be the end date of your new license then customize for you

Naturally, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Thank you for your cooperation.

Good luck with NOD32 and if you have any questions, please let us know!

Sincerely,

Administration NOD32 Netherlands

12. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks much De Hollander for your posting and for that link !!!
    Why on earth they don't tell their customers about this before hand, is beyond me.
    In my opinion it is really very bad customer handling, if not other words....
    And for other reasons, I am also completely dissatisfied with the whole "NOD32 Nederland" aka Spicylemon company. To be honest: I am completely done with it. If I will not renew my licence, the reason is that company :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.