Renewing nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ghost2003, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost2003

ghost2003 Registered Member

My subscription for nod32 is about to expire next month so I will need to renew it. I originaly bought if from the switzerland site since it accepted paypal and since I dont have a credit card its my only way to pay but they dont sell renewals there so i need to find a new site. I looked arround the forum and found these 2 sites, has anyone tried these?
    www.nod32-av.com
    www.nod32usa.com
    Also, i figure I could get the student version to save a bit of money, will I be able to use it like a renewal?

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Ok, you're supposed to renew with the reseller you purchased from originally, who is supposed to be in the same country as you reside - that's how it's designed to work.

No comments on the sites, as I obviously built one of them.

On the student license renewal, I can't comment on how other resellers are handling them, but the way we are handling student renewals is that licenses purchased from us on a student/educational license will be required to provide CURRENT proof of student status by sending us a copy of a CURRENT student ID - most folks don't remain a student for ever.

To my knowledge Eset does not provide pricing for student renewals, so to my understanding, a student 2 year renewal is the same price as a student 2 year license for first time purchase.

You might like to clarify that with your original reseller.

kind regards

Greg

3. vak20

vak20 Registered Member

If you look here:
    http://www.nod32-av.com/purchase/purchase.htm you will see that there is the option to renew your license!

4. webyourbusiness

I don't see a student renewal on that page.

Renewals for regular licenses are available from all resellers.

it seems that the OP has a normal license at the moment, which they can either renew, or replace with a student license (assuming eligibility) - so they either need a regular renewal now, or a student license.

If they are able to prove student status, then a 2 year student license is the most cost effective way to proceed - a 2 year Student license costing $39... it's a real deal, whoever you purchase from!

regards

Greg

5. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I wasn't aware of this, I originally purchased NOD through Eset's site www.nod32.com and renewed through your site and it didn't seem to create any problems. Your site had a slightly cheaper renewal rate so I took advantage of it.

I did have a comment about your purchasing process by the way. While I appreciate the thoroughness and informative emails from each stage of the process, my renewal resulted in 5 or 6 emails. Yes it is nice to know that you guys are on top of things and inform your customers of each step, I think in these days of thousands of useless and worthless SPAM emails you could reduce this to one or two emails. Just a thought not really a complaint.

6. webyourbusiness

duly noted flyrfan111... thankyou for the feedback, although if you have any other comments, I would appreciate you sending them directly to me, as this isn't really NOD32 business, but NOD32USA.COM business...

thanks again.

Greg

7. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Ok sorry, I thought it was in line with the OP's topic of renewing NOD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.