Renewed License

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JRCATES, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I renewed my license for NOD32 AV tonight....got the email confirmation, entered the "USERNAME" and "PASSWORD" provided in the email (which match the username and password provided last year when I renewed)....and went to "Update", entered the username and password.

HOWEVER....the GUI is still telling me that:

Your license will run out shortly

Your license with username XXX-XXXXXXXX will run out in 1 day. Click here to open the purchase page and renew your license. If you have received a new username and password, enter it here.

I have "updated" my NOD32....yet nothing is indicating that is is renewed and valid through 8/28/2010 (like the email indicates)

rumpstah is my reseller...and I have renewed through his site. Is there anything else that I need to do?

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Have you tried a reboot and checked your PCs date and time are accurate?

3. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Thanks for the attempt, Paul.

Yes, I've rebooted a few times now...and the date and time are correct, but I'm still notified that "ESET NOD32 requires my attention"...with the red icon and balloon notification each time at boot up (the icon turns orange shortly there after).

I've even tried the little trick that Marcos showed me last year....of changing the username by one digit, updating the virus definitions, changing it back to the correct username and updating again (this would bring back the "license valid through date" that kept disappearing from the main face of the GUI)....but that hasn't worked.

Hopefully rumpstah or another ESET rep will be able to provide an answer here shortly....

4. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

completely delete your usename and password from advanced setting update, then click ok, then clear your update cache and reboot, then put in your new username and password and update.If that doesn't work, then you got a bogus username / password.

5. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

It's the SAME username and password.

I would check the details you have entered. When copying and pasting from an email it's not uncommon to grab extra spaces at the beginning or end of the text. Try entering by hand. Otherwise contact the reseller.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

ESET states 24-48 hours for license renewals to process. You can go to help in the gui and verify license validity at anytime.

7. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello JRCATES,

Ronjor is correct, if you renewed your license on or right after the expiration date please allow 24 to 48 hours for your renewal to process through our system. You should then receive updates as normal after that.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.