Renewal question

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Doraemon, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doraemon

Doraemon Registered Member

Hi.

In 45 days my 1-year 3-PCs license will expire. I tried to renew it for another year and my surprise was to see that the price is the same for me than for a new customer! :blink: :ouch:

Isn't there any kind of discount for existing customers? o_O

Thanks! :argh:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

At the moment we don't have any discount for existing customers that are just renewing for a single year. However, you will receive a discount if you renew for 2-3 years (to 20 and 30%, respectively).

Hope that helps! :)

3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I think it's great to have the big discount you're currently having when signing a 3 year deal with Prevx. It is in fact amazing. I do however think the existing, loyal and hopefully satisfied customer should get a slight discount for renewing the license.

4. Doraemon

I completely agree with you. Most of AV vendors do offer discounts when buying multiple-year licenses. But also when renewing existing licenses, even for 1 year. IMHO there should be some kind of discount even when renewing for a lone year.

Also note that the 20-30% of discount mentioned is also the same for new customers.

As I appreciate the uniqueness of Prevx (tiny enterprise -now Webroot's but we still can't tell the difference-, close relationship with Wilders, cool fresh technology, ...) I will renew for sure. But please consider giving your customers some kind of advantage, because to be treated as a non-customer can drive an existing customer to become a non-customer.

Just my 2 cents... Have a nice weekend! :D :argh: :-*

5. PrevxHelp

I've raised this with our licensing/marketing teams - I know it used to be this way and I certainly can't disagree that most other products offer this discount.

I'll let you know what we decide if we change anything in the near future!

6. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Terrific! It could even be a symbolic discount at max 2-5 %.

Thank you for your time into this thread!

7. vonvon

vonvon Registered Member

I'm owner of licences for 6 computers !!!!!

But renew the 6 is too expensive, I like prevx but I think I'll perhaps renew for 2 computers (45,55 €). I better said buy for two computers, because renew or buy for the first time seems to be at the same price !!! o_O

Prevx is good but expensive, and, I have an incertitude now for the future with webroot... Prevx is not the only one to be good, but I think its the more expensive in renewal.

I have 51 days to decide what i'll do.

Please, try to be more commercial !

8. darthsideous666

darthsideous666 Registered Member

The pricing of PREVX has always been high. I also have 6 licenses that I may or may not renew. I have brought up in the past the fact that they really never offer any special discounting or a multi user license. This could very well change now that Webroot is running the show though.

9. Doraemon

Too bad that Prevx can't satisfy the actual customers. Yesterday I saw a 10% coupon though, valid ONLY for (again) new customers! o_O o_O o_O

Anyway, I think that nobody will give a real answer on this one so I'll pass on renewing. Too bad because it's a great product. But Webroot + no discounts for customers = bad "businessing"... :cautious: :cautious: :cautious:

10. shadek

shadek Registered Member

As PrevxHelp said; he's informed the market department and they'll look into it. If Prevx 4 turns out the way I hope it will, I'd renew even if the price is the same as for new customers.

11. goaldendj

goaldendj Registered Member

It makes no sense to alienate your customers and they are doing this by not doing what other vendors are.
    A 5% discount on a renewal should be automatic.
    In this day and age you need goodwill as well as a great product.

12. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Joe

Hope you are well?

I have to say that I am surprised at this turn of events...as I have renewed a number of times now at a discounted rate. Not sure what the Marketing department are doing but this is certainly not marketing nor selling for that matter. Is there any way that we the users can make our views known directly on this subject?

I am sure that if they incent relatively new users to coome back all those discounted 1 year renewals will quickly convert into 2 or 3 year renewals...just on the strength of the prodcut and the familiarity with it.

Now where is my soap box? ;)

Regards

Balders :D

13. PrevxHelp

Our marketing team closely watches Wilders and the opinions of the users here so you are already on your soapbox :D We shifted to offering more substantial discounts for longer term licenses but are always reassessing our licensing to see how we can improve everything :)

14. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Joe

Thanks for the response. Not really sure why one would want to reassess what appears to have been a good and appealing deal for the shorter term user. As I said before the company needs to incent return license sales and for a lot of users a 2 or 3 year deal is a big leap...at least early on in the usage cycle. They do need to think this through carefully.

:D

15. darthsideous666

I would not be surprised to see the license pricing of PREVX change in the near future. You have those folks that are already concerned about the Webroot takeover and folks that have multiple licenses (like myself) that are not sure they want to spend $$ (or even afford) to renew at a higher price then say the competition. While PREVX may be unique to some of the other products on the market, it is still more expensive, and the $$ factor is usually the deal maker or breaker! I know the folks at Webroot had always offered special pricing and deals in the past on their products, so why not now, especially with a product that has already be proven and can now be marketed on a larger scale? I guess we will have to wait and see what will be (just don't wait to long!:D )

16. volvic

volvic Registered Member

you get what you pay for

pay less get crap?

17. darthsideous666

Is that a statement or a question (?).

Perception and $$ is more like it!

18. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

How about a discount for the Christmas holidays?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.