Renewal of NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Tyke, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyke

Tyke Registered Member

I am unable to use the current ESS Beta, as I am using Vista X64. My subscription to NOD32 runs out at the end of next month, but I do not want to pay to update the antivirus, when I might have to pay again for the ESS release. Also why is this process taking so long? I contrast this with the K******** Internet Security solution that went from beta to completion in a matter of weeks!? I think then lack of communication from NOD has been poor, and the lack of 64 bit support is unforgivable. I have long been a loyal NOD supporter, but am seriously thinking about defecting to K********, which at the moment inspires more confidence as a Internet Security solution and is fully 64 bit compatible.
    Regards
    Tyke

2. rekun

rekun Registered Member

Kasperskys Beta period was way longer that what we have seen from eset until now. You can wait to the end of this week and see if beta 2 supports 64 bit. if it does you can use the free beta until the final version, and then buy the full version. :D

Also if the beta period was longer than kaspersky, you should remember that Kaspersky version 7 ISN'T a whole new program, it is just an opgraded version 6:doubt: ESS brings you both new antispam and a firewall, and ofcause it needs to be tested fully before the release

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

That's exactly what I wanted to say :D Also v6 was beta for about half an year.

When there is a wish , there is a way : See below

You have about a month left from your subscription . If you do not want to renew your subscription , you can after that use a trial version of NOD32 for 30 days so you practically have 2 months left from your subsction . Something inside me whispers me that we will see beta2 in max two months time and beta2 should include x64 support ;) . See , it is not that difficult

4. Tyke

Tyke Registered Member

Thanks for the encouraging replies. I am an ESET fan, so I will wait and hope that the next beta is 64 bit!
    Tyke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.