Renewal in a month, will firewall work with Win7 before that?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by E-Buzz, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Im up for license renewal in a month, and really would like to stay with ESS as it is a really good application. Unfortunately the firewall module is not fully compatible with Windows 7 and i really need a 24/7 working LAN access. Do i have to search for another (working) solution instead of renew my ESS license, or could we look forward to a fully working version in Windows 7 before my renewal?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you experience a problem with sharing on Windows 7, have you tried switching the firewall to learning mode? The next version of the firewall module will introduce a new default rule that will allow sharing in Windows 7-based home networks.

3. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Hi marcos, thank you for answer. No, not tried learning mode but will do that. I enabled test mode though, to see if new firewall modules are introduced. But how can i tell what version of firewall module i currently have?

4. stackz

stackz Registered Member

E-Buzz,

Just right click the ESS tray icon and select 'about'. You'll see the list of all current modules.

5. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Ahhhh, thank you Sir!. I´m on firewall module 1051 as it seems, so the new 1052 module that is supposed to fix some of the Windows 7 issues are not available yet.

I´ve tried what Marcos suggested, but the problems still persists. Guess i have to wait and see if it will be fixed in the very near future. Otherwise i am not going to renew my license............

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have reinstalled ESS and am trying the learning mode. I have not had time to try to connect my 2 Windows 7 machines together, but so far it has given me no other issues. If it does fail to work, might I ask is it possible to manually create this new rule that the new firewall will create when it is released, or do we have to wait for that?

--Ok, I tried the Learning Mode and it seems to work fine now. Firewall module 1051.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.