Renewal in a month, will firewall work with Win7 before that?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by E-Buzz, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Im up for license renewal in a month, and really would like to stay with ESS as it is a really good application. Unfortunately the firewall module is not fully compatible with Windows 7 and i really need a 24/7 working LAN access. Do i have to search for another (working) solution instead of renew my ESS license, or could we look forward to a fully working version in Windows 7 before my renewal?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you experience a problem with sharing on Windows 7, have you tried switching the firewall to learning mode? The next version of the firewall module will introduce a new default rule that will allow sharing in Windows 7-based home networks.

3. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Hi marcos, thank you for answer. No, not tried learning mode but will do that. I enabled test mode though, to see if new firewall modules are introduced. But how can i tell what version of firewall module i currently have?

4. stackz

stackz Registered Member

E-Buzz,

Just right click the ESS tray icon and select 'about'. You'll see the list of all current modules.

5. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Ahhhh, thank you Sir!. I´m on firewall module 1051 as it seems, so the new 1052 module that is supposed to fix some of the Windows 7 issues are not available yet.

I´ve tried what Marcos suggested, but the problems still persists. Guess i have to wait and see if it will be fixed in the very near future. Otherwise i am not going to renew my license............

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have reinstalled ESS and am trying the learning mode. I have not had time to try to connect my 2 Windows 7 machines together, but so far it has given me no other issues. If it does fail to work, might I ask is it possible to manually create this new rule that the new firewall will create when it is released, or do we have to wait for that?

--Ok, I tried the Learning Mode and it seems to work fine now. Firewall module 1051.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.