Renew or change AV for my Home Family PC´s

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hckyo, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

Hello, i´m new here at wilders, I have been just an expectator for more than 3 months looking the answers of particulary topics, now I´m wondering if I can get a little help.

I have tested eset, avira, avg, avast, bitdefender, kaspersky, vipre, Gdata, MSE, and others...

Right now I´m still using ESET, but I have had some problems with the detection of it, and it let pass a pair of trojans a couple of days ago and my MBAM destroy them, has slowdown the performance of the PC and sincerely I´m concerned about the security of them.

the pc´s are 3 desktop with Core 2 Duo E7500, 3 GB ram, Windows 7 x86
    and 3 notebooks with similar features ( core 2 duo 1.8 GHZ, 3 gb ram Windows 7 x86)

So what I´m trying to decide is to still renew the licenses of Eset of my pc´s or to focus on another option like Avira Premium 10, I have read some good opinion of the new version 10, but I want if somebody can give a kind of advice or an experience between these 2 softwares, cause I have used them and its kind of difficult to me to decide wich one I might use.

Thanxs for your atention and if I´m breaking any rule please tell me
    Regards.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

There is a policy on this site asking members not discuss how one AV performs against another.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=180128

A quick search of the forums will give you plenty opinions on the merits, or lack of it, of almost all AV you mentioned :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.