Renew of my license problem.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Farmand, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmand

Farmand Registered Member

Hey,

I have just, like a few hours ago, renewed my licence.. Ive got a email from ESET with my user/pass and when that will expire..

But i cant download from ESETs website, because it wont accept my user/pass..

I then downloaded it from another place, installed it, but then again, the program wont accept my user/pass.

Im i doing something wrong..?

Thanks

2. denis

denis Registered Member

try typing instead of copy paste:cool:

3. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

4. achrisvet

achrisvet Registered Member

I am having a similar problem. I originally downloaded the 30 day trial. My user name according to my email was TRIAL-*******. But when I try to renew using that user name it keeps saying it should be in the format EAV-*******. This is the only user name I've been given and I am at a loss how to renew. I sent a support request a few days ago but have not received a response. Meanwhile I have no anti virus protection at all.

:doubt:

5. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

achrisvet, renewals are only available to customers that have purchased a license previously. If you only had a trial, you can purchase a new license by going to the online store at http://www.eset.com/purchase

6. achrisvet

achrisvet Registered Member

Thank you. That explains it. But you know, the Eset window has a link and it says to click it to renew because the trial period has expired. If that's not what they want you to do it should not say that. It should take you to the proper place to purchase, not to a renewal site that won't work for you. This caused me to waste a huge amount of time.

Anyway, thank you for your prompt and helpful reply. I will purchase and install when I get home.

7. cashme

cashme Registered Member

I also had problems renewing my ESET Smart Security trial. The first time I tried to renew I had to uninstall it in safe mode using their nonstandard type of uninstaller. Then I had to go to their website to download the trial again. Then when the old username and password did not work I asked for a new username and password which I received and it worked. The third time nothing that I tried got me to a new username and password for the trial. So I un-installed it as before then used another email name I have and used that when requesting the trial. This worked fine.

8. cashme

cashme Registered Member

Use another email name when requesting the trial. This worked fine for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.