Renew License Issue

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Fad, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fad

Fad Registered Member

I still have a couple of months left on my PrevX license, but when I just checked out the procedure to renew, there was a problem.

I had my license tweaked some time ago to allow dual booting on the same pc - and now the renewal process is asking if I want to renew for 2 pcs, whereas in fact I only have one physical machine.

What can I do when the time comes to renew ? :doubt:

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I'd say extend license for one PC and contact Prevxhelp to do another merge with current license... but I think Prevxhelp will have to answer to this personally.

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Please send me your license key when it gets closer :) I did have to extend it to work on a second PC to work on the second partition but I can get you a different one for renewing (I'm not sure if there is a discount at the moment on renewals but it might be the same price as purchasing a normal 1yr license - discounts tend to be applied on multi-year licenses but I haven't checked recently).

4. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Any chance renewal of license might get cheaper than when getting a license for the first time? Of course, I do realize the 3 year deal is a very good deal, but it seems natural that there should be some sort of discount when renewing.

5. Fad

Fad Registered Member

Thankyou both, I will do that when the time gets nearer :thumb:

6. shadek

shadek Registered Member

No problem. PrevxHelp is actually the guy (or is it actually a girl? No one knows.) to be thanked. He's the one with the access to the licenses. :)

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We have had a discount for renewals in the past but from what I can tell, currently, we're preferring to have user purchase multi-year licenses rather than offering discounts for single renewals. It's possible that it could vary based on the license (for some corporate licenses in particular) but in general it looks to currently not have a discount for normal consumer licenses on renewal unless you go for more than one year.

I am actually the guy :D

8. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I am very pleased with your answers. I have 9 months left of my license, but I will extend it for another three years when I run out of time. Of course, this depends on what Prevx 4 brings me personally, but I have high hopes on it.

9. Fad

Fad Registered Member

OK thanks for that info...I`ll probably do a couple of years or something in that case...

I`ve been more than happy with PrevX up to now, to the point where it`s my sole line of defense these days :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.