Removing win32 Puce.b worm

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Albinoni, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Anyone know how to remove this worm. I'm having pros trying to delete the infected file and when I do so I get an error message telling me it cannot read from the source file or disk.

Also will BD Pro 9 delete.

I just cant seem to get rid of it, just seems to stay and doesnt want to be deleted.

2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

PUCE is a file infector, So any running files/processes will be infected.
    Easiest solution is to find a program that can cure the files instead of delete them. Try Drweb CureIt!

http://www.sophos.com/security/analyses/w32puceb.html

3. Albinoni

My Q here now is why has Sophos got a cure for this and BD hasn't. Just doesnt sound right.

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Why does it not sound right?

5. Albinoni

Well if Sophos has a cure for it than really shouldnt BD, if BD is rated as one of the best AntiVirus out there, same also applies to NOD32.

6. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

So NOD32 couldn't cure/disinfect this virus either?

Back to BitDefender, perhaps try to contact Softwin support and explain the situation and ask why their product is unable to clean the virus?

Anyway, according to checkvir.com, it seems that Trend Micro is doing a consistently good job at cleaning viruses (always getting the "Advanced" certificate in their tests). Try their HouseCall online scanner maybe, as it should be able to detect the virus at least? (Disable BitDefender or any other antivirus you have running while using the online scanner, so that it may gain access to and clean any infected files it finds.)

7. Albinoni

No, this PC isnt using NOD32 when I said NOD32 I was only using an example. I'm sure it does cure it.

I have already emailed Softwin and atm waiting for their reply. Also currently I'm doing a full virus scan on the C drive and it already has picked up 6 viruses, so hopefully its doing its job. Some of these being Trojans as well. I'm sure Bitdefender does detect this virus.

Yes and I'm sure so does NOD32 and Bitdefender both do an excellent job at cleaning viruses, same prob applies to others as well.

8. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

BD is a good AV, but just like any other AV, it will miss some even when other AV's are already covering it.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.