Removing unwanted browsers in Spywareblaster?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Duckfeet, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duckfeet

Duckfeet Registered Member

When I bring up Spywareblaster, under tools/ browser pages, it shows several browser pages that I thought were long gone, and don't want them on my computer...but this is the only place they show up, and I can't seem to remove them--they don't show up on HijackThis, and a Search doesn't show them on my system.

I tried, you know, clicking "change" and then deleting, or simply erasing the web page, but no luck, it stayed on there.

Is this "nothing to worry about" or are these web pages still lurking on my hard-drive somewhere?

I'm new to Spywareblaster. Virus and trojan last week--now gone--getting me crash course in computer security.

Thanks for help

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Duckfeet :)

Welcome to wilders.

IMHO i wouldn't worry about having these browser pages showing up in SpywareBlaster.

I also have several browser pages showing up in SpywareBlaster. One of them is for my email and the other is Microsoft update.

I don't know if u already have it but u could try Spywareguard also. It goes very well with SpywareBlaster.

It has realtime scanning, download protection and browser hijack protection. Another very good app. by Javacool.

Give it a try if u haven't already.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

3. Duckfeet

Duckfeet Registered Member

Yeah, you're right, none of the browsers were spyware, just some old msn and earthlink browsers I thought were gone...the browser hijackers--spidersearch and I-Lookup--didn't show anymore, so all is well....
    Thanks for tip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.