Removing unneeded services for good

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by luciddream, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I wanted to make it it's own thread to draw more attention to it here. I want to strip them out entirely, not merely disable them. It seems XPlite can only do it to 6 of them. So is there a tool out there that can do more... or perhaps a measure integrated into XP Pro that I'm oblivious to that can do it? Also I thought I recalled Spybot S&D having a tool that could, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for any help. And no, I don't advocate doing this at all. I'm a techy geek/hardener that's done my homework and knows he doesn't need the stuff.

2. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Please, let's attempt to stick to the matter at hand here and not go OT, and/or bait each other into arguments. I ask because I saw someone in another thread mention that they not only disable services they don't want... but actually strip them out. And I wonder how that is possible. With what tool? Because it seems even the paid version of XPlite can only get rid of 6 of them.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.