Removing Spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by funnyarmor, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funnyarmor

funnyarmor Registered Member

Hello

I'm afraid i screwed up big. I wanted to take spywareblaster off my computer, but i can no longer get to the little SG symbol in the bottom right corner of my desktop. it is not there. I then tried to use the add and remove hardware wizard, and it said i needed to stop the program, but i couldnt because i couldnt access it. So, lastly of all, i tried to manually remove it from my system, the problem is, there were some files i couldnt remove from my system for some reason, and now whenever i try to remove programs and do some other functions, a pop-up window says that spywareblaster may have been tampered with. I tried all i could to find it, but i cant even re-install it because it still detects something running. Any help i could get would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Okay, first of all you are talking about SpywareGuard, since it's the program that has the SG systray icon, not SpywareBlaster. There is a way to remove the active protection either manually (in regedit) or by downloading a file we have here that will disable the loading of the SG modules by the system at boot time.

The last two posts here describe both the regedit change and prove a download link for the file to automate disabling SG:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=13029&page=2&pp=25

Basically, after downloading and executing that reg file, you reboot your PC again and this time the SG modules won't be running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.