Removing Spyware Blaster Problems

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rrosenblum, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrosenblum

rrosenblum Guest

I installed spyware blaster and have been updating and using it for a couple weeks now. After one of the updates, i was unable to open secondary links or windows off of another website. I dont like that and i want to know if anyone knows how to completely bring back all previous settings. I have unchecked all of them and clicked unprotect. That doesnt work. please email me i am desperate for help. RRosenblum1@aol.com

thanks
    ryan

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Ryan,

That is exactly how you disable SpywareBlaster's protections. See also this image for a display of this:

[​IMG]

I'm not entirely sure what you are describing here. SpywareBlaster kills ActiveX controls and blocks a specific list of spyware related cookies. Nothing in that should interfere with opening links, unless of course you have some sort of spyware ActiveX item embedded in your browser which has been disabled by SpywareBlaster.

If that is the case, then maybe posting a HijackThis log following these instructions is the best way to proceed.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

If you did exactly as LowWaterMark posted, no SpywareBlaster protection should be remaining on your system. If the problem still exists, it is probably not caused by SpywareBlaster.

Please follow the HijackThis posting instructions in the message above, and we'll see if you may have something that's causing this issue.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.