Removing Old User Profile

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by subyroo, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subyroo

subyroo Registered Member

How do you go about removing the Old User Profile for NOD32?

My mate rang me in a panic tonight as he read in forum somewhere that he needed to remove and re-install his AV, so he removed NOD32 via a program called "Your Uninstaller 2006" instead of via Add & Remove.
    Now when he re-installs a clean copy of NOD32 his old settings keep coming back as if the program was never deleted in the first place.

Is there a way to find and delete the User Profile in NOD32 or is that not an option?

If the above is not an option how do we go about getting NOD32 of his PC totally (registry included) and trying a fresh install that way?

I spent 2hrs over at his place tonight trying to get Nod32krn.exe out of his Processes on his PC but it will not budge, we can't kill it even with "Unlocker" each time we reboot it comes back, is this because of the original way he uninstalled the program?

Can anybody offer us a solution as to how we might go about a clean install back onto his PC......... TIA.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi subyroo,

After reinstalling can you then use the NOD32 uninstaller to remove it correctly?

If so, after the reboot make sure that the ESET folder is no longer in Program Files before installing again.

BFG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.