Removing AVG

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by MCsquared, Dec 4, 2015.

1. MCsquared

MCsquared Registered Member

In the course of trialling a number of small business AV products ( used Webroot up to now) I installed various products and was always careful to use the products uninstaller tool where available to remove it before trying another product.

One of the products I trialled was AVG Business Edition and in due course used the AVG uninstaller tool to uninstall ( tried in both normal and safe mode) . However I now notice that Windows security centre is reporting AVG to be switched off i.e. it thinks AVG is still installed and on further examination I see that I do indeed have an AVG folder in program files with a considerable number of "exe" files in a subfolder AV. How can I completely remove all traces of AVG ?

2. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

3. MCsquared

MCsquared Registered Member

@jjc225 - thanks but that is the uninstall tool I was already using . In the meantime I have resolved the matter by re-installing AVG then uninstalling it in the normal way from Control Panel - not sure why the tool doesnt itself seem to do a full install or perhaps I just had a part-install left which confused the issue.

Still have a few of items in the AVG Program folder but they are all empty folders which I can manually delete.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@MCsquared Check the Windows\System32\Drivers folder to see if there are any remaining AVG drivers there. I uninstalled AVG and ran the removal too, but there were still leftover files I needed to delete myself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.