Removing an anchor

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by cthorpe, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

So I have "My Documents" anchored and have booted into multiple snapshots, all of which can naturally access "My Documents. What happens if I then go in an remove "My Documents" from the anchor list? Does it become a part of just the currently active snapshot or all of the snapshots?

Thanks,
    Ct

2. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

I believe it only becomes part of the current snapshot.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Although I don't anchor data, it is logical that anchoring is only for the current snapshot.
    If you remove the anchoring, it will become a part of the snapshot, where you did it, not in the other snapshots.
    Snapshots are independent from eachother like partitions, but FDISR allows you to update (refresh) a snapshot from another snapshot.

(I moved all my data to another physical harddisk so there is nothing to anchor)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I've done this. When you first remove the anchor it is only part of the active snapshot. Once you do a copy/update with out the anchor, then what ever was anchored is copied to the other snapshots.

Pete

5. cthorpe

cthorpe Registered Member

That's what I thought. The reason I asked is because I found out how to get around the permissions problem when doing a fresh install on a blank snapshot. I posted a message yesterday saying that when I attempted to do that, my fresh install created a new profile in Documents and Settings instead of using the anchored data. Turns out that it is because I have the two accounts on my PC password protected, and the two identically named accounts I created in the fresh install don't have passwords by default. I think that caused the problem. If I don't have the data anchored when I do the new install, set up identical accounts and passwords, then anchor the data, everything works as expected.

C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.