Removing 1000's of ADS Streams

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ENT, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENT

ENT Registered Member

Hi, is there a quicker way of removing strings from TDS that Kav left on my computer, instead of just one at a time? 68 byts at a time is taking FOREVER!!! Thanks, ENT

2. dog

dog Guest

Attached Files:

3. ENT

ENT Registered Member

Hi, they are on NTFS mostly..:-( Thanks for the quick reply! I just might be up all night! Uggg 100drd's of 1000's....ENT

4. dog

dog Guest

Just run ADS Spy, when it's done scanning right-click within the results window and select, "select all", then hit the Remove Button. ~Nice, Quick and Easy~

Ps. ADS streams are only possible on a NTFS formated drive. Here's some info for you -> http://www.heysoft.de/nt/ntfs-ads.htm

5. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

There is an option in Ad-aware Pro SE labled 'Scan Volume for ADS', is this worth running, seems to be what you are talking about above.

Jimbob

6. ENT

ENT Registered Member

Hi, That could be it for adaware but I'm not ready to pay for it right now. Well after 15 trys to unzip the program from Merlins, I can't figure out why it won't unzip? I don't think I have my zip program setup right. When I first download it, it is a zip file, then when the zip program comes up it shows it as a .exe file and can't do anything with it? Can you tell me where I am going wrong? Thanks, ENT

7. ENT

ENT Registered Member

Hi, yes I did. I did everthing I could think of to open it! I did a search for it after the zip program opened it and still couldn't find it. Tried 2 different zip prgrams. Uninstalled one and installed another, downloaded program again and still couldn't open it. I'm thinking I don't know how to set up unzip programs! :) They always send to Administrator, Local machine/ My Docs/Temp and that's when I loose it? Why can't I just find a zip file and click on it and have it unzip to wherever I want it to? Thanks

8. ENT

ENT Registered Member

Hooray!!!!:) Success!!! Instead of letting the download just go to the zip file I ticked on save to disk and it went to Prog.files as a zip file and I clicked on it and zip program came up and I double clicked on icon and WALLA!!!!! It worked but now TDS says the files are still there? DUH...What next! Do you think they are really there? I have rebooted ... Thank you for all of your help,I really do appreciate it! ENT

9. dog

dog Guest

Hi ENT. ;)

Rescan with TDS, and they should be gone. If not make sure you uncheck "Quick Scan" & "Ignore Safe Streams" in ADS Spy. If TDS still reports them after this, it maybe because they are located on another drive or partition other than C:/, as this is the only drive ADS Spy scans. ONLY If the the KAVICHS streams are located on another drive, use KAV's stream removing tool.(Don't use this tool if ADS Spy has already removed them)
    KAV KB Article - http://www.kaspersky.com/faq?qid=156666512
    Direct DL 3kb - ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/utils/klstreamremover/klstreamremover.zip

Steve

10. ENT

ENT Registered Member

Hi,I scanned with TDS the way you suggested and NO STREAMS!!! :) Thank you! What is going to happen tho when I do want to check for streams? I'll have to wait for TDS to scan Kav's streams forever? Do you know why TDS still finds them if they are not there? Thanks

11. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

this is the best ads remover i have ever used, in safe mode it will remove all ads streams on yout comp. Even in the restore partition

Attached Files:

12. ENT

ENT Registered Member

Hi, I looked for it on google but can't find it. Do you have a link? Thanks

13. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

PM me an e-mail addy and I will send you the program.

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.