switched to Ad-watch. Here's the reasons. I thought that the SWB problem was fixed!! But after 'exercising' the combo (SWB and SWG), I developed the same problem as I reported in my first post (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=33823). In addition, SWG wouldn't update and hang up. SWB, of course, gave the "file corrupted. . " error msg. Just like before. Since this is not a science project, my only object is to prevent it from happening, so I tried the companion program to Ad-aware, called Ad-watch. I read an article in PC World (June 2004 issure, pg 80) on spyware and ways to fortify your computer. Ad-watch worked very well in their tests. To I decided to try this and see. So I removed the offending 'stuff' by doing what I reported in the previous thread. The machine was now clean. Now SWB and SWG were uninstalled and removed. Adwatch was now installed and is the only system's protector! I've made three (3) tests of about 2 hrs each taking the system to some pretty bad places!!! Bottom line: not even ONE malware, tracking cookie, brower hijacks or registry changes!!! The bad news, it's not free. But $27 is certainly not excessive considering what it does. I bought the ADW6 Plus package which includes Ad-watch.