Remove v3 context menu options

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ditoa, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ditoa

ditoa Registered Member

Hello all. I reinstalled Windows yesterday and decided to upgrade to NOD32 v3 as it was a free upgrade. So far I love it, the UI is clean and still fast. However I cannot for the life of me work out where the option is to disable the context menu options for on-demand scanning.

Has this option been removed? I am sure it was available in v2. I don't really want to start messing around with context menu editors, I would just rather do it "officially" via the NOD32 options. Is this possible?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

I don't remember for such an option in v2's setup . There might have been something during the installation , I don't remember .

There is not such thing in v3 . You can do it with utility like Autoruns (by Microsoft) and disable ESET's context menu entries . A reboot will be necessary to "unload" them .

3. ditoa

ditoa Registered Member

Hey. I just installed 2.7 in an XP VM and you're are right, the option is only available during installation.

I don't like the "advanced options" entry with v3 as it makes my context menu even bigger. Also the text entry for an on-demand scan is unnecessarily long. They should just have "Scan with NOD32".

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hey!

You use Virtual Machine , most likely you know of Autoruns and will have no problems to use it :thumb:

5. vassie

vassie Registered Member

Hello

You can remove it by deleting the following registry key

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B089FE88-FB52-11D3-BDF1-0050DA34150D}

Remember, MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!

I have included a backup, just in case

Ben

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.