Remove SGBHP 2.2.0001

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by gus100, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gus100

gus100 Registered Member

HELP!!!..I installed SGBHP 2.2.0001 on my computer running Windows XP Professional and IE 6. Although the software runs ok...I find that I am not able to run plug ins such as Shockwave / Macroflash that are used in several websites to play games, etc....I decided to remove SGBHP and take my chances with the hijackers...However, I am unable to remove it.....When I go to Add/Remove Programs and select "SG", it tells me that "SG" is running and I must exit first. When I double click on the "SG: icon on the system tray...NOTHING HAPPENS and it will not let me select options or exit or anything...I turned off my computer and restarted with the same problem...I tried to remove files from the SG folder and get the "access denied" message.....PLEASE HELP!!!...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2004
  2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Take a look here to see how to disable SG from outside the SpywareGuard interface:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=21527

There is a link to a small text file (a registry file) that specifically removes the hook used by SpywareGuard. You execute the REG file then reboot your system. SpywareGuard will still disabled. You may them be able to get into the systray icon. If so, then finish disabling it and use the File menu Exit option, as well. Then deinstall it.

If you still can't get into SpywareGuard, it still should be shown as disabled. (The systray icon should look disabled.) You can then kill it from the Task Manager (Ctrl Alt Del), these are its two processes: sgmain & sgbhp. Then you can uninstall it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.