Remove secure zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rmccoy, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmccoy

rmccoy Registered Member

I uninstalled True Image 8. It did remove the secure zone but did not put the space back on to my c: drive. I have a 160 Gig hard drive but it only shows I have a 88 gig hard drive. True Image 8 still has about half of my hard drive lock up. I reinstalled True Image to try the uninstall again but that did not work. What do I need to do to recover the rest of my hard drive space?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello rmccoy

Welcome to the TI Support Forum. Install TI and then delete the SZ via the "Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard" as per Section 3.2.4 of the TI User's Guide.

Regards

3. rmccoy

rmccoy Registered Member

Thanks for the reply but I did reinstall two or three times, I even downloaded and installed the update, the problem is that the secure zone does not show up in the "Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard" any more. Secure zone does not show up any where. When I uninstalled TI it deleted any referance to the Secure Zone but it just did not give me back the hard drive space on C:drive. I need to recover my lost space.

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

If you try adding a new Secure Zone, it may allow you to choose the unallocated space. Then after creating the new zone, remove it through the TI interface and it should allow you to add the space back to a partition. Thus, in theory, you will recover your space.

5. rmccoy

rmccoy Registered Member

I also tried that. It wants to create the new zone on the remaining part of the hard drive. It does not show me the space that I am still locked out of.

6. Menorcaman

Hmmm, this is a new one to me. I always assumed the SZ survived a TI uninstall/reinstall.

What happens if you now create a new SZ and then delete it via the Manage SZ Wizard. Does it enable you to recover all your C: drive free space?

Regards

7. rmccoy

rmccoy Registered Member

I would like to thank you very much. Your last suggestion fixed me up. I made a small Secrue Zone of 4 Gig and then deleted it using the Zone Manager. When it was finished I checked my hard drive and I only had 84 Gig left in stead of the 88 Gig I started with. I rebooted the computer and rechecked the hard drive and I now have all of my hard drive back.
    Thanks again

8. Menorcaman

Good news. Glad we were able to help.

Regards

9. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi Folks,

I have the same problem.
    I´m using the last build (786), and if I start my computer with rescue media, I can resize it.I can´t manager the secure zone using Windows.So I log on in Windows and ask to remove secure zone.
    When my computer start booting it cant delete SZ.It says the configuration has changed.So I start using CD again and can delete the last SZ that I created, but the old one is still there.I tried to uninstall TI and reinstall it 4 times, but I cant delete SZ.I have a backup in another computer.If I format this one, and use the backup, the SZ will disappear ?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.