Remove Nod32 "incorrect system date" warning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by arpcpro, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arpcpro

arpcpro Registered Member

Hello

I have installed NOD32 on a 2000 or 2001 Compaq Armada laptop. The problem with this laptop is that the board where the CMOS battery is connected doesn't work (I've replaced the battery and it didn't work). I don't want to order a new board from compaq because I'm not investing any more money on this pc.

So whenever I disconnect the power cable the date returns to 1/1/1980. And when Windows XP boots I have to accept an annoying warning of incorrect date for the system to continue to boot.

Then when it loads NOD32 it is the same thing. It shows an annoying warning saying the system date is incorrect.

I would like to know how to disable this annoying warning somehow?

I have a clock sync app that corrects the date whenever I connect the dial up connection to the internet. But this app only loads after NOD32. If I could delay the loading of NOD32 one or two minutes after the system boot it would also be fine.

btw, vista really sucks because it crashes with BSOD during boot with the date set to 1980. I have to boot to XP, change the date, and the restart the pc to boot vista with the correct date, lol.

Thanks

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

ouch - I admire your fortitude - the pain involved in keeping that machine alive would be more than I could stand... each to their own I guess!

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Never mind NOD, surprised you are even trying to run XP/Vista on this vintage machine. How much RAM do you have?

4. arpcpro

lol, yeah it's almost a museum piece but I like to have a war laptop that I can use anywhere without concerning with it. Like on the dinner table if I spill the drink on it I wouldn't lose that much, or use it inclinated at the window of a 12th floor (it's the only place where I get wireless) risking it to fall accidently.

It's a PII 400mhz with 128mb RAM, cd-rom, floppy drive, 1 usb port, 2 pcmcia, ati rage mobility 8mb agp2x, sound card and embemded microphone.

But I use it mainly to see movies because it has a good 14.1" TFT active matrix display and now a 80gb hard disk.

It works ok with Windows XP, even before disabling the animations. Minimum requirements for XP are a 233-MHz and 128 megabytes of RAM (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features).

I installed Vista on this one just to test it, not to use it everyday. I didn't wanted to do that on my production PC. Anyway it works smoothly and it is pretty as long as I don't open more than 3 or 4 programs at a time.

Anyway I don't like software that has restrictions and non sense behaviour. Why does NOD cares about the date? Its function should be just to check for viruses and not if the system date is wrong!

Maybe the developers could put a line in the code saying something like:
    if date = 01/01/1980 then date.warning.disabled
    or put a check box in the warning allowing me to decide not to show it again.

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

128 MB of RAM and you say that Vista run smoothly? You must be kidding.

6. arpcpro

Runs smoothly for a PII 400 with 128mb RAM. Compared to vista ready pc, I can say that on this laptop vista it is barely usable.

7. johchi

johchi Registered Member

Have a look at Startup Delayer by R2 Studios. Some apps can be delayed on startup, but Windows sometimes grabs them back, so try before you buy...

8. arpcpro

Thanks johchi, I'll try that. And it is freeware for personal and commercial use.

As long as I have an internet connection that should remove the warning because I can make NOD load only after the clock sync application corrects the time.

9. arpcpro

I tried the startup delayer and it worked really well for what I wanted. Before installing it I was thinking that it might only work for programs on the startup folder, but it also works with programs that are on the registry.

So I delayed NOD 1 minute and if I have internet connection when NOD starts it doesn't complain anymore because the clock already sync.

When I don't have internet connection I thought in executing a batch file to set the date to a time in the future (1-1-2012) before loading NOD, but then it is even worse because it complains that the virus signature database is out of date and again that it cannot connect to the server.

Anyone knows what is the number of days that the NOD database can have before complaining that it is out of date? Or how to disable this warning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.