Remove NOD 32 3.556 Icon in OE

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JAA, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAA

JAA Registered Member

Is there a way to remove the icon in outlook express? also OE hasitates when closing

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , open Advanced Setup Tree -> navigate to the bottom and uncheck the integration with OE.

Also the newest version is 3.0.560 so you may install it , it is supposed to fix the problem with OE , visit www.eset.com

3. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Yeah at least it doesnt crash now but the integration really sux , in 2.7 it was seamless, now its clunky and cumbersome, i also notice all my sent mail now has the account details removed in the sent items list. WTF o_O

4. Supersnake

Supersnake Registered Member

3.0.560 fixed the "Crash Upon Launch" problem but the "Lag Upon Exit" problem still exists - for me.

5. JAA

JAA Registered Member

Thanks
    Now how come my incoming emails do not have the Scanned by NOD 32 at the bottom of the email like version 2.79?? And is there a way to set it to do so??

6. Supersnake

But I later found out that disabling the Email Integration corrects the OE "Lag Upon Exit" problem..

Excuse my posing this question here as I asked it in another thread too...sorry/
    QUESTION: I do have "Email Protection" enabled. If I turn off Email Integration does this reduce my protection against email malware and viruses in any way?

Thanks.
    Supersnake

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Yes, disabling integration removes the plugin from a mail client completely.

8. Supersnake

Thanks for the answer Marcos. In that case I'll leave the Integration on and just overlook the slight lag on OE closure.

9. poutine

I'm leaving mine off all the time, its terrible like this , its almost like i get the feeling that it doesnt really want to be in there at all, its like it was invited to be there but wishes that it wasnt. And it still removes all sent items account details. Maybe it'll be fixed sometime ,then i'll turn it on again.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  10. JAA

JAA Registered Member

Thanks for all your help, I am going back to the older version. I do not like AV programs to integrate like this. OE works great when Nod32 is not intergrated but then I don't have protection. Seems that this new version is the beginning of a NORTON product, to bad for ESET

11. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Marcos: Your reply is confusing in relation to how the version 3 interface appears. Version 3 allows email scanning for any designated POP3 email client but only Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail have the integration plugin. Is the email scanning for these 3 Microsoft email clients different than all other email clients? On the surface, it appears that the integration plugins are there for quick setting changes, etc., but not setting up the actual email scanning itself.

12. Supersnake

Thanks for asking that! Good question. Marcos, we have noticed that "Email Protection" remains ON in the Settings screen even when we have Integration Off. Looks like I will have to ask my question again in this manner: Does turning integration off turn off email protection or not.

Thanks,
    Supersnake

13. poutine

My new Version 3.0.560.0 just crashed Outlook .Express. !!! I disabled NOD32 while converting an Avi to Dvd, re-enabled it, opened Outlook Express and it "pinged" and closed. :mad: First time this has happened with this version. I had given it the benefit of the doubt after saying i wouldnt be using the integration , now i definitely wont.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  14. Shelty

Shelty Registered Member

I turned e-mail integration off because I don't use OE or Outlook and my e-mails still have the tag at the bottom that says it was scanned. I use Thunderbird on WinXP.

15. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

I've just tried emailing the Eicar file with integration off and it was successfully deleted and mail was tagged in OE.

16. JAA

JAA Registered Member

So How do I get the tag on my incoming emails back

17. Westland

Westland Registered Member

Have you tried setting Advanced Setup Tree -> Email protection -> Append tag messages to received and read email: To all scanned email ?

18. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Currently the integration needs to be enabled if you use the antispam module from ESS, later it may be required for scanning other protocols. Since you most likely have EAV installed, you can disable it for now and POP3 traffic will still be checked unless you disable email protection.

19. Supersnake

Thank you very much for your clear explanation Marcos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.