remove it

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Justice, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justice

Justice Guest

I want to remove this thing, and it says its running when i do try."Double click in system tray,chose exit on file menu,press yes in resulting box".I doulbe click and nothing happens. So i cant remove it unless i can turn it off, but i cant access it to do so..joy.

2. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

Guessing it's SpywareGuard you're talking about, I can't actually see a reason why you might want to remove it, but anyway, instead of double-clicking, try right-clicking the icon in the System Tray. Then the programme window will most likely pop up and you can follow the rest of the directions.

If it doesn't seem to be operating correctly on your PC, then maybe there were problems with its installation from the start. I've been using SpywareGuard for quite some time and have found it to be an extremely useful and very unobtrusive programme, friendly to most other applications. It should not normally cause any trouble if configured in the right way.

BS

EDIT - I deleted my previous message intending to add that if right-clicking didn't work, SG could also be disabled via the Task Manager, and then I was going to repost it. LowWaterMark (lovely nickname, BTW), sorry if I messed up the sequence. :oops:

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Black Swan is right. A single right-click on the SG tray icon should bring up the SpywareGuard configuration screens.

As for disabling it to deinstall it, I suggest you follow the sequence shown in this image. In the "Options" screen disable the 3 protections first, then use the File menu > Exit command to shut SG down.

[​IMG]

This way it is disabled and exited, and it should be easier to deinstall it from Add/Remove Programs at that point.

4. LowWaterMark

I don't see a sequence problem. ;)

:D

5. BlackSwan

Hey, that's really cool. :cool: How did you do that?

BS

6. LowWaterMark

Would you believe, magic?? Deep secrets of the board admins?

No, huh? :D

I just deleted my post like you did and reposted it again so it'd be after yours.

7. BlackSwan

Oh, I see. ;)

There must have been a bit of magic too, however. :D It all happened so fast that I barely managed to catch up with it. :)

Thanks for fixing the sequence. :D

BS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.