Removable medias

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by soneca, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneca

soneca Registered Member

Since I installed version 6 can not eject removable media for the first time, I have to repeat the process again so that the windows can release the media.
    Someone has had the same problem? o_O

2. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Most of the times it's normal behavior because Eset can automatically scan USB stick/drives, cd/dvd/blu-ray media after insertion. You can verify it by looking at the Eset icon (where you will see a spinning icon with a whit arrow) or in the GUI that a scan is performed.

3. soneca

soneca Registered Member

Thanks, but I never use automatic scanning. I tried everything to find this problem and it was solved soon after uninstalling version 6. I went back to version 5 which is very stable and with a prettier gui.
    Speaking of problems, a false positive from Eset.

~See our Policy~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
  4. wolliballa

wolliballa Registered Member

I typically do not ask NOD32 to check new media. Message pops ip, but I decline...
    But up to now I have always been able to de-tach removable media ( safely remove or eject ) (USB-Sticks, flashdrives CD-ROM) with no issue on XP SP3, Vista Business SP2 or W7 Professional 64

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The best course of action would be to capture file operations with Process Monitor while reproducing the issue. Supply it to Customer care for analysis or upload it to a safe location (in a compressed form) and PM me the download link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.