Remote uninstall from ESET Remote Administrator Console failing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by heyash, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyash

heyash Registered Member

I'm going to start this off by saying that I could be doing this all wrong though it did use to work.

I use the job called "Uninstall ESET Security Products and NOD32 version 2" which I've never edited. I don't know if someone created it or if it came stock with RAC. The settings for the fields are set as such
    NOD32 version 2: /SILENTMODE ESS /qn REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

The uninstall process manages to get to "ESET Installer is uninstalling the package" but then ends up with "Failure during the package uninstall - exit code: 1603, additional code: 2, description: Fatal error during installation."

ESET RAC is 4.0.138.0
    ESET NOD 32 is 4.2.67

I've tried the following:
    Server is on domain A, computer is on domain B. Failed.
    Server is on domain A, computer is on domain A. Failed.

I'm not sure what's changed or where I can look to begin troubleshooting. If anyone has any links to

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume there's a problem to uninstall EAV manually as well. Could you confirm? In such case, you'll probably need to resort to running the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode.

3. heyash

heyash Registered Member

The normal uninstall through Add/Remove programs seemed to work fine. I didn't have to use the removal tool.

This is a problem for me since I may need to remove a handful of installs at once as part of some testing. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  4. hcha

hcha Registered Member

error code: 1603 seems like a permissions issue... does your uninstalls require a password?

5. heyash

heyash Registered Member

Whenever I run one of these jobs I enter in my credentials... they're domain admin credentials.

6. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

What OS's are we talking about here?

7. heyash

heyash Registered Member

The machines which I'm trying to remove NOD 32 from are all Windows XP SP3. The server is on Server 2003.

8. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Do you have a password protecting the NOD32 settings? if so, that same password will stop the uninstall. If I remember correctly there is a parameter that you must pass as part of the uninstall string with the password, which will then allow NOD32 to uninstall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.