Remote Server / Client License Question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by StevePA, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevePA

StevePA Registered Member

I have what I hope is a fairly simple question- (we're using NOD32 Business V4)
    The RAC documentation makes it clear that when a client is connected & using a Remote Administration Server (complete with updates mirror), those clients no longer need a license.

The question is- will the client also ignore any local license the client may have installed? i.e. the RAC license overrides any local installed license?

Our scenario-
    Our license is due to expire and we have an updated license. A number of the remote workstations have an old local license installed, which can be viewed in the Advanced options. We've tried pushing am empty license config/xml, but it just doesn't delete the one that is local.

All our clients connect and get all their updates from the RAC server (which uses a local IIS server with update mirror), so in theory we should only need to update the license on the RAC server and any clients that have a local license will ignore their local license?

Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Clients don't require any license key for activation. What's more, you needn't have any username/password entered in the update setup on the clients as long as they update from the mirror on ERAS via http.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.