Remote Server / Client License Question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by StevePA, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevePA

StevePA Registered Member

I have what I hope is a fairly simple question- (we're using NOD32 Business V4)
    The RAC documentation makes it clear that when a client is connected & using a Remote Administration Server (complete with updates mirror), those clients no longer need a license.

The question is- will the client also ignore any local license the client may have installed? i.e. the RAC license overrides any local installed license?

Our scenario-
    Our license is due to expire and we have an updated license. A number of the remote workstations have an old local license installed, which can be viewed in the Advanced options. We've tried pushing am empty license config/xml, but it just doesn't delete the one that is local.

All our clients connect and get all their updates from the RAC server (which uses a local IIS server with update mirror), so in theory we should only need to update the license on the RAC server and any clients that have a local license will ignore their local license?

Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Clients don't require any license key for activation. What's more, you needn't have any username/password entered in the update setup on the clients as long as they update from the mirror on ERAS via http.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.