Remote scan does not clean?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mladen, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mladen

mladen Registered Member

Hi,

there is one thing which is definitely unclear to me why is not working. When I initiate a remote scan of the machine which is infected by a trojan, even though scan finds this trojan, the trojan is not deleted.

Can you, please, tell me, what might be the cause of this and what should I check to enable remote "cleaning" as well? My default profile for NOD32 scanner is "My profile" and it has delete + quarantine combination defined for Files, Archives and Runtime packers. Is this wrong? Should I use clean instead?

Many thanks in advance,
    Mladen

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Mladen, welcome to Wilders, with Trojans, they are typically injected into memory, and as such they require a scan in "Safe Mode".

Do you have the latest Nod32 version 2.12.3?

There is a tutorial on tweaking Nod32 here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. mladen

mladen Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,
    thank you very much for your answer. I have compared my configuration file with the configuration presented on the link you gave me and there were several things missing.
    Now, I will make changes and see what will happen.
    Thanks once more,
    Mladen

4. mladen

mladen Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,
    just one thing. I have managed to configure all the missing options through the xml configuration file (using NOD32 Configuration Editor) except one: Diagnostic Methods->Potentially dangerous applications presented in NOD32 under Setup dialog, Diagnostic Methods.
    Is it possible to configure this option as well or not? (I have "downloaded" the configuration file from the machine where it is manually set, but I do not see it).
    Thank you in advance,
    Mladen

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Mladen,
    you'll need to use cfgedit.xml from the actual version of RA server/console, or wait for the next program component update

6. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi Mladen:

You may want to check this thread if you are using Remote Administrator for NOD32.

7. mladen

mladen Registered Member

Hi guys,
    thank you very much for your answers. I really did not know that.
    Best regards,
    Mladen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.