Remote Registry Opening ESET Security Product Info Result Code 2 - ESET Push Install

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by ifs2010, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ifs2010

ifs2010 Registered Member

I have pushed ESET to several computers and I know I get this error message which is shown below. But, still it will install ESET (Usually I faced this with Windows 2000 computer). Or if the firewall is ON it will not install. But, this is the first time I am stumped and this is a new system and it came from Dell and I uninstalled Symantec from it and turned Off the firewall and tried pushing ESET to this computer and I have not been successful.

It is Windows XP SP3
    Dell Vostro
    Appreciate anything else I need to look into. The IPC$ share is accessible which also I think could be one of the reason but I was able to \\ and access it, but it looks that it is ok from what I am seeing below. Something else is stopping ESET not to install.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get Info Diagnostics, server: Ifseset, user: administrator
    Setting IPC$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Reading (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)
    Remote Install Diagnostics, server: Ifseset, user: administrator
    Setting ADMIN$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Copying ESET Installer Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Setting IPC$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Registering ESET Installer as a Service Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Windows firewall can be enabled, all you need is the exception rule for file and print sharing. All my clients, I have the Windows firewall enabled, as long as that exception is set (which, with SBS networks, it is by default SBS group policy), push installs work fine.

My hunch is, the registry is corrupt, the installer may not be able to modify certain keys. Esets had one of the most, if not THE most, reliable management console and trouble free push install mechanisms of any managed AV product I've used (quite a bit)....but once in a while you'll get a workstation that has something "wonky" with it that prevents the push install from working. Instead of spending time spinning your wheels, remote to the workstation...do a manual install, set the remote management setting..and then from the RAC just update it's config file. Done in a couple of minutes...move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.