Remote Installation

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by GEM555, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GEM555

GEM555 Registered Member

Is there anyway to remotely install an eSet client? The "push" solution provided simply doesn't work - fails on 80% of the workstations and you can spend hours trying to troubleshoot. By the time you go around to each stations to fix IPC connection issues, you might just as well do a pull install!

A modifed login script "pull" solution has it's own landmines.

I am told there are AD installation instructions? We haven't had much fun with AD-based rollouts in the past.

Thanks in advance!

2. dwood

dwood Registered Member

Having just moved our ERAS installation to a new server, I was getting similar problems and found out that I had forgotten to change the service account the ERAS service uses to start with. Once I changed it to be an account with higher privileges, it solved my install problems.

It's worth a look :thumb:

3. GEM555

GEM555 Registered Member

Thanks but no joy. The service is running with "Administrator" privs. All remote station installs still fail.

So there is really no way to do a "push" install of the product? We have to canvas all 100+ stations manually?

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you are having trouble doing a push installation, I would suggest contacting technical support directly and working with them to resolve the issue. In North America, ESET can be reached toll-free at+1 (866) 343-3738.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.