Remote Connectivity Fails

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mma8108, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mma8108

mma8108 Registered Member

Installed true image console, backup server, and group server on windows 2003 server. attempted to "Connect to remote computer" running xp pro on domain. Unable to connect. I configured the firewall settings as listed and even turned off the firewall on both server and client. I am able to ping server and client on network. Also, attempted to go ahead and install true image on remote computer and it does find the computer after clicking the "browse" button. However, after trying to install remotely, get an error as follows:

"the account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid"

I'm using the domain admin password for this.

Any suggestions?

2. mma8108

mma8108 Registered Member

Also, when attempting to connect to remote computer, I get the error E0000807d5: Computer "" not found.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mma8108,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server which is available at the Product Updates section at our web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Could you please create screen shots of your step-by-step actions which you took while attempting to connect to a remote computer?

Please also create Windows System Information on the server where you have the Management Console installed as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected screen shots and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. This information would let us check the correctness of your actions and provide you with a possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

It sounds to me like this user is trying to use True Image Corporate Workstation - not Remote Server Backup Software ?

I had a very similar problem, however I"m not bothering with all these formalities since it is a test NFR version until we finalize our purchasing and then I am able to test with a complete and updated version

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.