Remote Administrator

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Guaranas, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guaranas

Guaranas Registered Member

Hi there, Hope to receive an answer asap :)

I did once sent an email to Ewido to ask how I can run Remote Administrator on my local Lan. Ewido detects this program as Non Virus but I have grant Remote Administrator access all the time.

Recently I was told by Ewido Support that the new version of Ewido would prevent this to happen.

In the start Ewido asked me that I had to grant the Remote Administrator access and then after aprox. 1 week this dissapeared. Now after 1 month Ewido asks again. What can I do to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  2. mango

mango Registered Member

yup, same problem with radmin 2.2 .

ewido detected it at startup each time,. so that was a short trial of ewido..

Since radmin is the best remote administrator in my opinion, and i use it both at work and home, im surprised it still get detected..

I remember this problem a long time ago,- just thought it had been solved by now.

3. Guaranas

Guaranas Registered Member

Still waiting to get new updates removing problem regarding Ewido consider Remote Administrator as a threat. I hope that Ewido guys will soon release the fix as they promised far ago ( 28.12.05 )

Dear User,

thank you for your request.

Sorry for the detection of the Remote Administrator program. We will fix it
    this with next update. Please restore the files in the ewido quarantine, so
    that you can use your remote administration software. In the meantime please
    choose ignore in the warning box if the ewido software finds again this
    software. We will also add an ignore list in the future versions of the ewido
    software.

4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

As an interim solution, we updated the settings and the engine with the last update. You can now choose to ignore all files that are detected as "Not-A-Virus" during a scan. Unfortunately, the guard can still not exclude these detections. Nevertheless we hope this helps a bit, sorry for any inconvenience!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.